The Georgian National Gallery, "Blue Gallery" in Tbilisi, Georgia 2 143
Show on map
The National Gallery of Georgia is located on the Rustaveli Avenue. The building was intended to house the collection of the Russian Military History Museum, the "Temple of Glory". During the First World War, the museum exhibits were evacuated and never returned to Tbilisi. In 1920, the National Gallery of Georgia was opened here.
The central part of the collection includes works by Georgian artists of the first half of the XX century: Niko Pirosmani, Lado Gudiashvili, David Kakabadze etc. The museum also presents contemporary art of Georgia and other countries.
There is a cafe and a souvenir shop.