The Narva fortress, Northern courtyard, Narva museum, Narva bastions, and the Rondel Restaurant, Estonia 472
Show on map
The Narva Fortress was laid by the Danes in the 8th century as a residence for the governor of the Danish king. Since then, she changed owners many times. The Narva Fortress was preserved better than other defensive structures in Estonia. The fortress occupies an area of 3,2 hectares, its highest point is the
Pikk Hermann tower (51 meters). Guests of the fortress have the opportunity to visit the Narva Bastions and inspect these defenses structures from the inside. The Narva Bastions are located at Pimeaia, 20306 Narva.
Visitors will also find a museum in the fortress, where it is possible to learn the history of both the fortress and the city of Narva. The museum offers several interactive tours and programs (including for school groups and in different languages, including English):
- Legends of old Narva,
- One day in the life of a knight,
- Treasures of an ancient castle,
- Night Adventure in the Castle,
- Get out of the dungeon,
- The Herman's Mystery.
In the summer, the North Yard (where the atmosphere of the 17th century is recreated) hosts various craftsman workshops, where children and adults can try themselves in the role of a blacksmith, an apothecary, a potter, a tanner, and a textile master.
The Rondeel Restaurant offers fish and meat dishes made from local products, national drinks and sweets prepared in accordance with the traditions associated with the Narva Castle and its surroundings. The restaurant has a children's menu.
Photoreview of the Narva Castle and Museum, the Northern Courtyard and the Rondeel restaurant in Narva, Estonia (49)
Photoreview of the Narva Castle and Museum, the Northern Courtyard and the Rondeel Restaurant in Narva, Estonia.
By Petrov Zahar
Photo of a guided tour of the Victoria Bastion in Narva. The Narva Bastions are defensive structures, built by the Swedes in 1683-1704 in order to protect Swedish Narva from the Russians. The largest of the bastions is Victoria, which is open to visitors. Historical walking tours with guides dressed up in historic costumes are available in Russian, Estonian and English.
Пока актуальных событий нет.